Skills & Expertise
- ApolloGraphQL server (basic)
- Node.js (basic)
- Restful web services
Content Management Systems
- MongoDB (basic)
- Apollo GraphQL client (basic)
- GraphQL (basic)
- React.js (basic)
- SSH (basic)
- Jacob Bare (2017-present, Director Web Architecture, Endeavor Business Media)
- Zach Hobson (2018-present, Sr. Software Engineer, New Relic)
- DrupalCon 2019
- WordCamp 2012
New Relic Oct 2017–Present
- Develop Drupal-based content management system on front and back end for docs.newrelic.com and learn.newrelic.com
- Lead Docs as a Service (DaaS) initaitive to build out REST API / JSON resources to enable other teams to integrate with our site. Examples: programmatically publish release notes, install procedures in the product UI, data dictionary terms fed to UI to display definitions to users in product UI, etc.
- Develop prototype of product UI component (called Nerdlet) in React.js to surface search results from disparate sites.
- Help launch Japanese version of site in partnership with vendor.
- Manage site analytics and reporting.
- Monitor site performance and manage performance data.
- Consult with clients to build websites to promote web presence, organize portfolios, and for public relations.
- Build WordPress sites to enable clients to take control of their own content.
- Consult on as-needed basis for core and plugin updates, troubleshooting, and feature requests.
- Key features of past projects include: SEO, site migration, site conversion to WordPress, analytics, responsive design.
- Industries served: real estate, blogs, visual arts, HR management consulting.
New Relic Aug 2014–Oct 2017
- Research and write end-user documentation and tutorials.
- Develop and manage Drupal CMS.
- Build and manage team reporting tool.
JetBlue Airways Aug 2007–Aug 2014
Senior Technical Writer / Technical Writer
- Develop, write, edit, deliver, and maintain company documentation for operations manuals, training guides, software/equipment guides, internal procedure and standards guides.
- Develop and maintain web app for project management and reporting to help team make data driven decisions.
- Customize XML editing interface and help lead CMS moderization effort.
Midwest Airlines Apr 2006–Jul 2007
Interim Manager Publications / Technical Writer
- Write, edit, proof, format, and manage content for all volumes of the company manual system.
- Maintain manual database, ensured manual currency throughout company.
- Improve upon SQL-based method of auditing, fixed internal problems with the database.